Have you recognized the 70’s influence on the collections for Spring 2013?
In the 70’s American women were finally free to wear whatever they wanted and this freedom has manifested in the wide range of different styles.. mini skirts, hot pants, maxi dresses, wide legged trousers, hats, shiny, silky, flowing fabrics were all very popular at that time.
Browsing through the collections presented at the New York Fashion Week I’ve spotted some main color trends highlighted in my earlier post the “Five major color trends for Spring 2013”, in this one however I’d like to put together a list of ten great style ideas to steal from the runways of New York.
1) Translucent layers, long flowing dresses, light ethereal looks
2) Floppy, floating wide-legged pants and jumpsuits, relaxed silhouettes, fine fabrics
3) Delicate embellishment: romantic floral embroidery, dazzling sequins
4) Floral patterns
5) Mixed colors, prints and fabrics from head to toe
6) Architectural, digital prints
9) Hot pants (with matching blazer)
More fashion and beauty tips: